Terms and Conditions
Updated on October 7th, 2016
Purpose of the Web Site and Services
EventHomes.com allows users to advertise and identify properties on the web site for transient occupancy only, where allowed by law, and in compliance with such law. These properties are available to rent during major events and throughout the year.. When users list their properties with EventHomes.com for an event, EventHomes.com displays the information provided by the user. EventHomes.com does not guarantee, endorse or confirm any of the information provided by users or contained on this site. It is your responsibility to conduct research on the accuracy of the information provided. You use this site at your own risk. EventHomes.com does not take part in the rental process or in the communications between users in any manner. EventHomes.com is merely a sharing platform for peer-to-peer transactions, i.e., a "match-making" service.
EventHomes.com is not endorsed by, or affiliated with, any of the events that are listed on this site. Any event names or trademarks used on this site are the property of their respective leagues, events and organization and are used for recognition purposes and descriptions only. Users of this site or other network sites have provided EventHomes.com with the events listed.
EventHomes.com recommends that users conduct their own research and consult with legal, real estate and insurance agents and advisors. EventHomes.com does not provide advice of any kind on issues including, but not limited to, legal, transactional, insurance, or tax matters. EventHomes.com does not handle or get involved in any dispute between users. EventHomes.com LLC does not adjust, evaluate or advise users on the avoidance of claims against Hosts or Guests, and makes no representations to any users of the website as to the insurability of rental transaction or the risks that may exist as a result of, or during the course of, Guest occupancy. For example, many homeowner's insurance policies exclude loss that arises from business or commercial activities on the premises. A rental transaction made as a result of peer-to-peer dealings through this site may be deemed a "business" or "commercial" activity under such insurance policies, and might be excluded from the benefits of coverage for that reason, or others. Hosts and Guests are urged to evaluate these issues with legal counsel and their insurers to determine if there is adequate coverage, or any coverage, under their existing insurance policies. It is the responsibility of the Hosts and Guests to determine if they need to purchase additional insurance coverage to protect against loss during the occupancy and uses of the properties listed on the website.
EventHomes.com may advertise this site via print ads, online advertisements, content ads, keyword ads, and direct mail and in some instances: television, newspaper and magazine advertisements. However, EventHomes.com does not guarantee a certain amount of advertisement, "clicks," or user interest in any of the listings. You are responsible for ensuring that your listings are accurate and current. You can edit your listing information by logging into your account.
The Web Site and Services are services made available by EventHomes.com LLC. The information and/or content available in or on, or accessed or downloaded through or from, the Services ("Information And Content") are made available solely as a convenience solely for your own personal use and not for purposes of distribution, public display or performance, or any other uses by you in any form or manner whatsoever.
EventHomes.com has the right to and may reject any postings for any reason.
Limited License & Permitted Uses
The only permitted uses of this Web Site are to allow potential "Hosts" a means by which to offer short term rentals for transient occupancy of properties in the areas surrounding popular event venues and vacation spots (where allowed by law, and in compliance with such law), or to allow potential "Guests" to evaluate and facilitate short term rentals for transient occupancy of such properties. Some jurisdictions prohibit short term rentals or transient occupancy of residential units. Hosts and Guests must determine if such short term rental or transient occupancy is in violation of local ordinances or state law, and the steps that must be taken to comply with applicable law where such rental is allowed. EventHomes does not advise users of this site on the legality of rental transactions that Hosts and Guests may enter into.
User Conduct and Obligations
Your license to access and use the Services is subject to the following restrictions and prohibitions on use ("User Conduct and Obligations"). You agree that you will not:
1, Upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available through, or to, the Services, to anyone renting a property or anyone looking for a rental, any content that:
a) is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, lewd, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable;
b) might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others;
c) might violate any local, federal, or international law, either intentionally or unintentionally, or; d) contains any malware, worms, viruses, trojan horses, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or disruptive computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
2. Reproduce, copy, modify, distribute, market, display, transfer, sublicense, prepare derivative work(s) or adaptation(s) based on, sell, exchange, barter, transfer, or otherwise make available in any form or by any means, except for the express limited Permitted Uses, all or any portion of the Services or any Information And Content retrieved therefrom;
3. Disrupt, disable, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Services, or their computer systems, servers, or networks;
4, Provide false information about yourself to EventHomes.com or through EventHomes.com, impersonate any other person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity, your affiliation with any person or entity, or the origin of any content, message, or other communication;
5. Upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation, bulk e-mail, or duplicative messages;
6. Use any automatic or manual process to collect, harvest, gather, or extract information about other visitors to or users of the Services, or otherwise systematically extract data or data fields, including without limitation any financial and/or currency data or e-mail addresses;
7. Use the Services for the purpose of gathering information for, or transmitting, unsolicited bulk commercial e-mail over the Internet to other users of the Services or to other third parties. Internet e-mail sent to, or through, the computer systems of the Services or to users of the Services or to other third parties containing invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names, or other deceptive addressing is deemed counterfeit. SENDING, OR ATTEMPTING TO SEND, COUNTERFEIT E-MAIL TO, OR THROUGH, THE COMPUTER SYSTEMS OF THE SERVICES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED;
8. Provide access to or use of any portion of the Services through any timesharing system, service bureau, the Internet, or any other technology now existing or developed in the future, except as specifically permitted in writing by EventHomes;
9. Redistribute any information or content, in any manner whatsoever, by means of printed publication, fax broadcast, web pages, e-mail, web newsgroups or forums, or any other electronic or paper-based service or method, to any person, organization, corporation or other entity, including within your own organization or externally, except for the limited Permitted Uses;
10. Use any Information And Content for any purpose competitive with EventHomes's business;
11. Present, archive, cache, frame, scrape, or mirror any Information And Content from any part of the Services within another web site;
12. Remove, obscure, or alter any notice of EventHomes' intellectual property rights present on or in the Services, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, and/or patent notices;
13. Copy, disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the Services software or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the network and/or computer architecture;
14. Remove, disable, defeat, or change any functionality or appearance of the Services or intentionally alter the format in which services provided by EventHomes are displayed.
The foregoing prohibitions expressly include, but are not limited to, the practice of "screen scraping", or any other practice or activity the purpose of which is to obtain lists of data, portions of a database, or other lists or information from the Services.
15. Users agree that they will not list or rent properties offered on this site for any purpose other than lawful, transient occupancy or use associated with the location and duration of a specific event for which the property is listed. It is not the intention of EventHomes.com LLC that these properties will be offered or used for such a duration, with such frequency, or under rental terms that would a) make the properties subject to rules and regulations that govern the hotel/motel business, or b) create rights of tenancy under the landlord-tenant laws of any city ordinance, state law or other governmental regulation. Further, EventHomes.com LLC intends this site to be used to facilitate peer-to-peer transactions, only. It is not the intention of EventHomes.com LLC that those who list on the website are in the business of offering mass or multiple properties or property as would a hotel, or someone in the business of renting multiple apartments or other properties for more permanent or long-term forms of residency. It is expected by EventHomes.com LLC that the rentals arranged through this site will be for a term of less than 30 days, i.e., proximate to the duration of the sporting, entertainment or other special event with which the property is listed on the website. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY ARISING FROM AN OFFERING OR USE OF PROPERTIES IN VIOLATION OF ITS INTENT, AS EXPRESSED HEREIN, OR IN VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HOSTS AND GUESTS OF PROPERTIES LISTED ON THE WEBSITE TO RESEARCH, TO LEARN AND TO COMPLY WITH THE LOCAL AND STATE TAX LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT GOVERN THEIR TRANSACTIONS. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC DOES NOT, AND WILL NOT, ADVISE USERS OF THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE AS TO THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT GOVERN THOSE TRANSACTIONS.
Remedies for Violations
Accuracy of Listings; Indemnification and Disclaimer of Liability
1. All listings on the website, as submitted by the owner/host/lister, and amended from time to time by EventHomes staff, are the responsibility of the property owner, ("Host"), and EventHomes specifically disclaims any and all liability arising for inaccuracy of the listings. The accuracy of information in any listing is not a term of this agreement, nor is the unimpaired searchability of the listing. Any impairment of searchability due to inaccuracies in the listing is the Host's responsibility, and not that of EventHomes.com LLC. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EventHomes.com LLC, its owners, directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives and assigns against all claims, costs, expenses and losses arising out of, or relating to, a listing.
2. Hosts are solely responsible for keeping their information on the listing/website current and accurate, including, but not limited to, any and all representations about the property, its amenities, appearance, location, and its availability for a specific date or range of dates. EVENTHOMES MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT ANY OF THE COPY, INCLUDING INFORMATION REGARDING LOCATION, APPEARANCE, AMENITIES, OR AVAILABILITY OF PROPERTIES PUBLISHED ON THE WEBSITE, IS ACCURATE OR CURRENT.
3. The above provisions apply to any and all listings, whether or not the Host or Guest paid a fee to EventHomes to post the listing on its website.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC, ITS OWNERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND/OR SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR ANY WAY RELATED TO:
a) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE SERVICES AND THEIR INFORMATION AND CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. THIS INCLUDES A DISCLAIMER FOR LIABILITY FOR ANY INACCURACIES OR MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE BY THOSE USING THE WEB SITE;
b) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE AND CONTENT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, ACCESSED THROUGH HYPERTEXT LINKS IN THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM;
c) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES, INFORMATION AND CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE;
d) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, MATTERS ADDRESSED IN THE SECTION "ACCURACY OF LISTINGS" SET FORTH ABOVE;
e) PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE, BROADBAND OR CABLE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOUR, OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S, COMPUTER AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES, OR;
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES/REMEDIES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL EVENTHOMES.COM LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LEGAL FEES AND COURT COSTS) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES TO ANY LOSS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE RESULTING FROM
1) A VIRUS, MALWARE, OR OTHER COMPUTER OR SOFTWARE DEFECT THAT MIGHT AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER HARDWARE AS A RESULT OF USING THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES.
2) THE ILLEGAL ACTS OF OTHERS ENGAGED IN “HACKING” OR OTHER COMPUTER CRIMES THAT RESULTS IN THE LOSS, DISSEMINATION OR DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR PERSONAL AND FINANCIAL DATA.
EVENTHOMES.COM LLC DOES NOT VOUCH FOR THE QUALITY OF THE PROPERTIES RENTED OR LEASED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, OR FOR EVENTS OR OCCURRENCES THAT TAKE PLACE AFTER USE OF THE WEBSITE. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC DOES NOT GUARANTEE, NOR WILL IT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY CLAIMS OR COMPLAINTS PERTAINING TO THE QUALITY OF THE PROPERTIES OR THE CONDITIONS THAT RENTERS LEAVE THE PROPERTIES AFTER OCCUPANCY. THE PHOTOGRAPHS ON THE WEBSITE ARE NOT TAKEN OR CREATED BY EVENTHOMES.COM LLC OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC HAS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY VARIANCE BETWEEN THE IMAGES ON THE WEBSITE AND THE ACTUAL APPEARANCE , QUALITIES OR CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PROPERTIES INVOLVED IN ANY RENTAL.
USER IS ADVISED TO INVESTIGATE THE POTENTIAL HOSTS OR GUESTS WITH WHOM USER DESIRES TO CONTACT, OR CONTRACT WITH, BY CONSULTING WITH THEIR ATTORNEYS, REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVES. ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THESE PROPERTIES, OR THE INSURANCE THAT MIGHT APPLY ARE TO BE ADDRESSED BY A QUALIFIED INSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE OR BY LEGAL COUNSEL. EVENTHOMES.COM LLC WILL PROVIDE NO ADVICE REGARDING THESE MATTERS, AND DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS.
TO THE EXTENT THE LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE ARE DEEMED VOID OR UNENFORCEABLE, EVENTHOMES.LLC's SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE SUM OF $300.00.
You acknowledge and agree that EventHomes.com LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at any time, to modify, change, add to, terminate, or discontinue (with respect to an individual user or all users) the Services and/or any associated services, Information And Content, or technical specifications with or without notice to you, and that EventHomes.com LLC will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, any such modification or discontinuance.
Privacy and Personal Information
Your use of the Services may require you to provide information about yourself. You acknowledge that you provide such information at your own risk, and that EventHomes makes no representation that such information is protected when submitted for use on this site. User agrees that EventHomes may use the information you provide during your use of this site and the Services, so as to facilitate connections between you and the contractor(s) you choose, and for EventHomes analytics.
EventHomes LLC cannot be responsible for the illegal acts of others, such as “hacking” that might result in a dissemination of your personal and financial information outside EventHomes.com.
Confidentiality and Transmissions over the Internet
The transmission of data or information (including communications by e-mail) over the Internet or other publicly accessible networks is not secure, and is subject to possible loss, interception, or alteration while in transit. Accordingly, EventHomes.com LLC does not assume any liability for any damage you may experience or costs you may incur as a result of any transmissions over the Internet or other publicly accessible networks, including without limitation transmissions involving the exchange of e-mail with EventHomes.com containing your personal information. While EventHomes.com shall take commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of the information you provide to EventHomes.com, in no event will the information you provide to EventHomes.com be deemed confidential, create any fiduciary obligations on the part of EventHomest.com, or result in any liability to EventHomes.com LLC in the event that such information is inadvertently released or accessed by third parties without EventHomes.com's consent.
The name "EventHomes", “EventHomes.com” and the EventHomes logo and other identifying marks of EventHomes.com are and shall remain the trade names and exclusive property of EventHomes.com LLC. Any unauthorized use of these marks is unlawful. Other trade-marks on the Services are the property of their respective owners. All content in the Services, including without limitation all programs, complied binaries, interface layout, interface text, documentation, and graphics, is trade secret, proprietary, and the property of EventHomes.com LLC. The Information And Content may be used by you only for your personal, non-commercial use as expressly provided for in the Permitted Uses and may not be taken out of context or presented in a misleading or discriminatory manner. Any rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by EventHomes.com LLC User understands and agrees that any unauthorized use of EventHomes.com LLC’s proprietary information, rights, trade dress, trade names, trademarks, or patented material will be the proper subject of temporary restraining orders, motions for preliminary and/or permanent injunction, and such other emergency and injunctive relief as EventHomes.com LLC deems necessary. User agrees that if EventHomes.com LLC succeeds in obtaining such relief the User will be pay the attorneys fees and litigations costs expended by EventHomes.com LLC in the effort.
Indemnification by User
Other General Terms
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Any disputes under this Agreement are to be resolved under the governance of Michigan law. Users of this website and the Services hereby submit to the jurisdiction of Michigan Courts for any dispute arising hereunder, and agree that they shall litigate their disputes only in the Circuit Court for the County of Oakland, situated in Pontiac, Michigan, or in the District Court for the State of Michigan located for the City of Troy, Michigan. The Parties to this Agreement waive their rights to challenge either the jurisdiction or the propriety of venue in these courts. The Parties to this Agreement also waive their rights to file or remove any dispute to the United States District Courts
User agrees that in any court proceedings, or proceedings in any arbitration, or in other alternative dispute resolution methods agreed upon by the parties, the prevailing party will be awarded the attorneys fees, expenses, court costs, expert fees and other costs incurred in litigating that dispute.
The agreements set forth in the two paragraphs immediately above will apply whether the dispute or claims involve requests for relief in the form of money damages, declaratory, injunctive or other equitable remedies, or any other variety of relief or legal theory, whether under the common law, laws of equity, or statute, ordinance or regulation.